Local News Places People & Places Breaking News Community

Destructive Fire at Toby’s in Opelousas

Photographs by Freddie Herpin

Another Opelousas landmark was lost to fire this afternoon when Toby’s on the old Sunset highway burned. Originally opened as Toby’s Little Lodge in 1957, it is currently owned by Wayne Doucet.

These are four photographs taken by Freddie Herpin at the scene of the blaze. St Landry Now Editor Bobby Ardoin was also there. We will have more photos and the story of this destructive fire shortly.