Although the Academy of the Immaculate Conception, called AIC, began as an all girl’s school, by the turn of the twentieth century it was for both girls and boys. This top photograph taken in 1901 at the school building located on Convent Street in Opelousas shows the teachers and the male and female students that year. The 1901 graduating Class of AIC included five students. Pictured in this bottom photograph are those graduates; from left to right, front row: Lucille Larcade, Arsene Hollier; Mathilde Estorge. back row: Clotilde Lassalle and Clementine Chachere.