Skip to main content

Photographs from Carola Lillie Hartley Collection

CAROLA LILLIE HARTLEY
Contributing Writer

A. Clary Grocery Store was located on Landry Street, near Main Street, when this photograph was taken. Next door, to the right, is the St. Landry Bank. The photograph was taken some time during the 1930s.
St. Landry Bank and Trust Company on the corner of Landry and Main Street, probably c. 1940s. This bank building at one time housed the Opelousas National Bank, built in 1907.
Opelousas National Bank on the corner of Landry and Main Street (known as Ealer’s Corner), taken soon after it opened in 1907.