History St Landry History

Photos from the Past – AIC Chapel in 1948

Located on North Main Street in Opelousas, LA, the Chapel at the Academy of the immaculate Conception (AIC) is pictured here in 1948. The first photo shows the exterior entrance to the chapel, the second photo shows the chapel interior. The building the housed the chapel and other buildings on the school campus were demolished when the new AIC school building was constructed on Prudhomme Lane in the 1950s. (Carola Lillie Hartley collection.)