CAROLA LILLIE HARTLEY
Stonewood, located in Bellevue near Opelousas was built in 1900 for Dr. Lawrence H. Daly and his wife Nourma Juliette Hockaday. The stones used in the construction were shipped directly from England. The house was later owned by Hal and Audrey Low Bramlett. Today Stonewood is owned by the Jim Phillips family. Pictured in their c.1911-1912 Pratt-Elkhart touring car are Dr. Lawrence Daly with his wife Nourma and one of their sons. The driver is unidentified. (Photograph courtesy of Madeline and Thom Daly.).