1912 was an important year in the history of Breaux Bridge in St Martin Parish, Louisiana. During that year the community went from being considered a village to becoming a town. Also that year the St. Martin Parish Fair was held on October 3-6 in Breaux Bridge. President of the fair that year was Dr. A. Bulbeau, with C. C. Rees as secretary.
Sunday, October 13, 1912, was the closing day of the fair, attracting a large crowd to the parade that rolled through town. Led by the Breaux Bridge Military Band, the procession involved decorated carriages, automobiles and floats, as seen in the top featured photograph. Other activities on that day included dancing, baseball, races and open-air concert. Hundreds of people from area towns, including those on excursion trains from Eunice, Midland, New Iberia, Lafayette, Jennings and Port Barre, joined in the fun. The St. Martin Parish Fair that year was called a great success.