Kim Lavergne Dakin, M.D., FACS, Otolaryngologist (ENT) has been voted by her peers to serve as the new Chief of Staff of Opelousas General Health System. Dr. Dakin will serve in this capacity for the upcoming two years. K. Scott Parks, M.D., Hospitalist at Opelousas General, served in this capacity for the last 4 years.
Dr. Dakin is board certified in Otolaryngology (ENT). She received her medical training from Louisiana State University in New Orleans and completed her Internship and Residency from the University of Mississippi in Jackson, MS. She has been a member of the active staff of Opelousas General Health System for the past 25 years. Prior to her appointment as Chief of Staff, Dr. Dakin has served on the Credentials Committee, Surgery Committee and Medical Executive Committee.
The members of the 2022-2024 Medical Executive Committee who will serve with Dr. Dakin include:
- Dr. K. Scott Parks, Past Chief of Staff
- Dr. Paula Sharkey, Chairman of Bylaws
- Dr. Gerard Ballanco, Chairman of Credentials
- Dr. Chrissy Lalonde, Chairman of Hospital Based
- Dr. Siby Ayalloore, Chairman of Medicine/P&T
- Dr. Thomas Jarnagin, Chairman of Obstetrics
- Dr. Carmen Johnson, Chairman of Pediatrics
- Dr. Andrew Sicard, Chairman of Surgery
Dr. Dakin and her husband Andy Dakin, JD, have three grown children, Hannah Dakin, M.D, Joshua Dakin and Adam Dakin.
Please join us in congratulating Dr. Dakin on this new appointment.